Followers

Tuesday 9 October 2007

Santa's little extra helper and CPS#34

the DCM Santa's little extra helper this week is 'Christmas Words'.

Christmas Words
We'd like you to use Christmassy words on your card, not just in the sentiment but for this challenge the word/s should form the main focus of your card - like in Rhi's "
In a Word" dare of a couple of weeks ago
I have been wondering how to use the CPS sketch #34 this week so decided this was a good time to do it.

Supplies: I used a stamp from a set of Christmas stamps from Lakeland Limited, I have had them for years, the sentiment says 'keep the spirit of christmas in your heart and honor it all year long'. the papers are Basic Grey Dasher pack, little charm from a candle bought in Au Natural during the sales, white cardstock and green bazzill. Ribbon and half pearls - don't know where they are from but I hope I spot some again as I am starting to get low on them!

Wow, this is so red, not my usual colour but I played with some alcohol inks and got this very red background to start from.
Supplies: Stamp from stamp set as above, black stazon, Adirondack alcohol inks - wild plum and caramel, acetate, MM eyelets, Papermania adhesive stones, Papers from Basic Grey Dasher pack, red ribbon.


27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards.:)
Vanessa.

Marlou McAlees said...

what stunning cards Deb!!! love the papers and the sentiment stamp {its beautiful} and great idea using the charm off the candle,
you made great takes on these challenges :) x

Dawn♥ said...

OMG OMG these are sooo beautiful! You rock girl! Keep that inspiration coming!

Louly said...

They are both Wow! cards Deb, I love the way you've used those BG papers. Thank you for your warm get well wishes, you really made me smile.

Lythan said...

these cards are just scrumptious. Really beautiful

Jeannette said...

Two fab cards! Love the second one.

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are so pretty! The papers, stamped images....everything!

I especially love the charm and the bling you used on both designs.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards. Love those papers.

Dollydimps said...

Your cards are beautiful-the sentiment on the 1st one is fantastic

Kaz said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I think the green is my fave as the colour is so deep and classy.

Andrea, said...

2 stunning cards, I love how you have mixed the papers they look wonderful

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning cards ,beautiful,Dawnx

My Paper World said...

You have such a great style, these cards are so classy. I love those pearls too, they are gorgeous!

Debbie said...

Hi Deb, just a quickie to let you know I'm tagging you - enjoy. :) Pop on over to my blog for all the info.

Debbie x

Juliet said...

Both your cards are absolutely stunning. The colours are beautiful and put together so well. What I aspire to Deb!

Maria said...

Wow, your Christmas cards are absolutely gorgeous! I really love the layouts and the colors! The patterns also work so nicely together. Great job, Deb! Keep them coming!

Maria

Alhambra Club said...

Two fantastic cards, love them both.

Risa said...

Your cards are lovely and I love the Basic Grey!
Malieta:)

Alex said...

All I can say Deb is WOW!! These cards are absolutely gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Very Delicious!both the cards look amazing!

Fiona said...

Gorgeous cards - so Christmassy looking! Love those papers - might have to go see if I can get some!

Kathy said...

These cards are fab, love them both

Anne said...

Beautiful cards, both of them. I love the colours of the papers!

Anonymous said...

Its so nice. Love this cards.

Clare said...

Both gorgeous cards - I especially like the red one, the colour is so vibrant.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful creations ... love the sentiment on the alcohol ink background and how you combined the papers.

stamp and scrape said...

Both beautifully assembled cards - gorgeous papers.
Ros