Followers

Wednesday 24 October 2007

Snowflakes

The DCM Little Extra this week is a sketch, nine little squares! I thought of snowflakes immediately for some reason. I punched out the snowflakes first out of pearlescent card then punched scalloped squares around them, how simple! The centre snowflake is punched from blue velvet paper, scrummy it is! I don't know if the colour shows up very well here but it is all on navy card, matted onto white then onto a navy square card. This is one of those cards that looks so much better in real life, the photo doesn't do it justice.

A close up trying to show the pearlescent card!

Supplies: Navy card, white pearlescent cardstock, Navy velvet paper, Scalloped square punch by Woodware, Snowflake punch by EK Success, papermania adhesive stones.


18 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely card, Deb, simple but very classy and stylish! Have yet to do mine, but no ideas...

Lyn said...

Lovely card my friend would love it as she has a thing for snowflakes

Dawn♥ said...

OM heavens your snowflake card is dynomite! Love the bling middles! I think it's gorgeous!

Andrea, said...

Lovely card Deb, I love the gems in the centers of the snowflakes

My Paper World said...

Very pretty, I love the gem centres.
I havent had any inspiration for this challenge yet! Yours is fab!

Louly said...

Oh Deb, that's so beautiful! Really crisp and wintery looking.

Marlou McAlees said...

Deb this is stunning!! very modern and classy too :) xx

Kaz said...

lovely card, so smart.

Unknown said...

LOVE THE CARD DEB,SO ELEGANT IN THE BLACK & WHITE,THE SNOWFLAKES LOOK FANTASTIC.

Juliet said...

It's beautiful Deb - so classy and perfectly put together.

Ying Pang, said...

You card is elegant, love it.

Alhambra Club said...

Love the snowflakes in the scallop squares and that bling in the middle, fantastic card.

Fink said...

Those snowflakes make the card stand out!

Gillian said...

Absolutely STUNNING Deb!
Such a Stylish and Delightful card!

Paula J Atkinson said...

So fresh, clean & simple just like snowflakes. Gorgeous stylish card.

Risa said...

This is amazing...I love it Deb!
malieta:)

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh!! This is perfect! I love the punched snowflakes and pretty bling! Everything is perfectly aligned and beautiful!!

Samm said...

Oooo lovely! this is sooo classy! fab!

Samm
x