Followers

Monday 12 April 2010

It's a Celebration!


My eldest daughter just passed her road driving test, yahoo! No more alcohol free weekends waiting to go pick up teenagers way past my bedtime! 
I struggled to find an image I wanted so ended up having to draw her new car with a little help from PSP I might add, I am no artist!  Believe it or not, she is not a card person but she seemed quite chuffed with this one and put it up on her shelves! If it didn't show her car I am sure it wouldn't have been the case but she does love her little 'bug'!
******* 
I followed the sketch on Everybody Art by Tina but I am afraid it may already be too late as I am sure the next challenge is in the morning and of course its already 2.30am in Europe
I didn't want to post this until I was sure she had passed!
*******
The 'Celebration' sentiment is one of the fabulous new digital sentiments now available to purchase and download from Whimsy Stamps. There are so many fantastic sentiments and quotes to choose from we are now utterly spoilt rotten!
I also used a Whimsy Accessory stamp, a gorgeous swirl which is part of the Proud Mama  Rubber Stamp set  from the Carousel Horse Collection designed by Crissy Armstrong,
You can also see the brand new Whimsy Stamps Digital Collection of images designed by Crissy Armstrong and Katie Sowa!
The hop is currently taking place and you have until noon (EST) on friday to join in and leave a link on the Whimsy Home Page to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize
a $15 gift certificate for the Whimsy Store
plus digital images from Crissy, Katie, Ann and Whimsy Stamps Design Studio. 
 See Whimsy Home Page for more details!
**********
The designer paper is from the Paper Company, the letters stamps are from a very old See D's pack, the calendar stamp I think is a mini imaginisce stamp and the gorgeous key is one of a 3 pack set from Making Memories 'metal pebble key'.
**************
did you all enjoy a back to normal day today after school holidays etc? those that have had them, I know some places have still to have their spring break, lucky people! 
Hope the weather continues to improve for you all, not so good here, more snow forecast, I am so finished with snow now!  Roll on summer!
Have a great day! 

16 comments:

luvthatstampin said...

I had a volkswagon for 14 years so I love that stamp. I may be that I spelled that wrong! You did a great job.

Jill said...

I am not surprised your daughter was pleased with that card, its gorgeous! Well done to her for passing her test! Jill x

Rach said...

oh wow this is fantastic Deb, i am not at all surprised that your daughter loves it... huge congrats to her in passing her test...xx

Marion said...

Fabulous card Deb. No wonder your daughter loves it. Congrats on passing her test.
Marion

Tracy said...

I love your card it so gorgeous, congrats to your daughter!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, brilliant details and well done to your DD for passing her test.
luv
Debby

craftyb said...

Deb.....methinks there IS a bit of artist you're holding back.....your car is fantastic!! Makes a fab card...love yur MM key!

Congrats to your daughter for passing her test...she will be a handy taxi driver for you too i'm sure!! bx

Tasha said...

Thats fab new Deb congrats to your daughter.
Love this card its awesome. The key is an amzing touch and i love the little L plates
love tasha xx

raindropecho said...

Wow Deb this is such a cool card! That car is awesome! Great job with this!

Jingle said...

This is fabulous!!!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Deb is absolutely AWESOME! You did a fantastic job with that image and the colors are just fabulous! Love this!

Bananastamper said...

Way to go! Great car and such a perfect card for your daughter!
Love it!
Shanna :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh this is awesome Deb!! I love your car and the design!! I can see why your daughter loved it!! Perfect!!
hugs,
Chris

Andrea, said...

Great card Deb and congratulations to your daughter

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...

I know I've already left you a comment on this fab creation, and i'm already a follower of yours, but i'd like to say thank you for becoming a follower of my blog and the lovely comment.
Happy crafting
Tracy x