Followers

Tuesday 21 May 2013

WOYWW

I print way too many photos!  I won't ever fully trust technology so end up saving my pics everywhere and still print out every one that I want to keep!
Those ones on my desk are just from Christmas!
I found this Smash book in Michaels last week and thought it would be perfect for a lazy person's version of Project Life.  I am never going to keep up with a weekly thing so I am not going to try.
  This is ideal though, there are a few pages for each month of the year.  This one is the 365 Folio.

Any of you Brits remember this advert from the 70's?  It came up in conversation this morning when I was having coffee with some friends so I just had to try and find it.  You can find anything on You Tube eh?


here is the link for those the video isn't showing for  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9FsEi2us88

Guest room update, walls are back and painted yey! Just waiting for flooring and then the baseboards and we can get everything back in!  If you are wondering why I am showing my guest room in this state, this is what it was like a couple of weeks back.. following water damage.
If you would like to know more about WOYWW or would like to join us pop over to Julia's blog for more details!

11 comments:

Michele Duffy said...

Good for you for trying a SMASH book! Let me know how it goes!

Sandra said...

Wow Deb....all those photos just from Christmas!....you put me to shame....I don't take that may photos in a year....note to self get the camera out more often :)....
There's no video clip showing or link to you tube so will pop back later x

Have a good day
take care
San x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm the opposite re the photos. I used to be so good with keeping photo albums up to date but now everything is digital have lapsed...big time!! Your semi Smash book looks like a great idea. And I like the fact that you're doing it your way not the usual weekly one...once a rebel... Grin!!
Hugs, LLJ 40 xx

Marit said...

I am sort of a 'print it out' girl too (not only photos, texts too!) and I think it is only smart to not trust technology to the max. Ha, I have a computer-expert-hubs who will be the first to agree! I like the smart-book for your 'project' and the room looks great... pfew, you must feel relieved that is't like this after all that damage! Happy woyww & hugs from Holland, Marit #109

Brenda B said...

Good grief you do have a lot of photos. I'm too much the other way, take lots and just store them on the computer, which if it crashed I'd lose them all! Yeah, I'm still liking my neat pencils at the moment! And yes, well spotted, it's a Denby mug! I think half the world has them.

Hugs
Brenda 100

Unknown said...

Have fun with your Smash book.

I remember that advert - I was about 8 I think.

Have a great week of crafting.

Linda #127

ria gall said...

Hi Deb
your guest room is really coming on what a long job this has been for you. I remember the advert gosh where have the years gone
Sending hugs and hoping you have a great day
Ria #74

okienurse said...

I used to print out everything now it is stored on a zip drive, hard drive and DVD's. If one goes away then I have backup. I have boxes of prints that are starting to yellow and I am not much of a scrapbooker unless in need!
I didn't make it around to many blogs last week so I promised myself that I would visit everyone who visited me last week first this week. I hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #26

淺安 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bridget Larsen said...

Oh dear,water damage is not good but the room is looking great already, cant wait to see the finished product.
I am like you, save all my stuff everywhere and print everything out, you never know what you need when doing a layout right, so you've got to have it all on hand
Bridget #11

SandeeNC said...

Love the advertisment, the accent and calling girls "birds" is just too cute! OK, I am asking my WOYWW folks to rally behind me and I truly need your support. I am in a contest and the voting ends today so it's now or never. PLEASE go vote for me ( the camera )....yes, I am begging, lol http://www.genuinelyjanestudios.com/genuinelyblog/gjs-design-a-book-contest-top-three-finalists-announced/
waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( #19 )