Followers

Thursday 14 October 2010

Cute Card Thursday - Whats buggin' ya?


Last day to do the Whimsy Blog Hop and celebrate the launch of Meljen's Rubber stamps.  You can visit my post for the Hop here and also enter into a drawing to win one of Meljens fabulous stamps!
Hurry though, it ends on Friday 15th 12 noon (EST)


The theme over at Cute Card Thursday had me perplexed this week until I remembered this stamp I bought a couple of years back, think I may have used it once before! It is from High Hopes Stamps.

The theme is 'Whats buggin' ya?' to use bugs, bees and/or butterflies on your card.
I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the Stampin up top note die for the layer beneath the image. 
The metal embellishments are all Tim Holtz, apart from the brads, not sure of the make, had them a while.
Stamp Something's challenge this week is something punchy, use punches and dies.
I am also entering the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, the theme being distressing!
We are sponsored this week by one of our regular sponsors
Please drop by the rest of the DT and see their fabulous, buggy creations!
**************
Kids are on their jollies for the rest of the week so our weekend starts early this week! Looks like good weather too!   Hope you all have a fab one, thanks for dropping by!

21 comments:

Julie said...

Very cute card, love the colours you've used

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous! I love your little bug! What a great card...especially love all the texture!

HUgs Judy xx

Rach said...

ooo this is fabulous hun, love all the added detail that you have added, and such a sweet image for a bug..xx

Jane said...

Love this card are those little screwheads brads? they are fab!
x Jane

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness Deb that is one CUTE image!!! WOW LOVE your design, awesome stitching, love those screws...wow this is just FABULOUS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Jacilynn said...

adorable! I love how your embellishments and embossing match perfectly to the image. Love it.
:)

Handmade with Love said...

Wow that image is really cute! I love your stitching and metal embelishments too! have a great long weekend! Tracey x

Annie said...

this is such a fun card Deb! beautifully put together and a great sentiment too!
hugs, annie x

downrightcrafty said...

love all the texture on this gorgeous card, and the embelishments are great, with the distressing just a perfect card for the challenge at SCSC
Hugs Kate xx
SCSC GDT

Tasha said...

This is awesome!! I love it.
Hugs
Tash xxx

Tasha said...

This is awesome!! I love it.
Hugs
Tash xxx

Jingle said...

This is so freaking adorable! I really love it!!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome card Deb! Amazing details and awesome coloring! :)

Melodie said...

OMG, such a beautiful card. The image is so cute and the colours and the leyout really wonderful.
Hugs
Melodie

Crissy Armstrong said...

I so love what you did with my carpenter ant, Deb!! You colored him beautifully. Your papers and embellishments are SO in line with the theme, I love the cuttlebugg'ed background panel! Too cute!

Debbie said...

This is just Fab Deb,love the carpenter Ant and your fabby Embellishments,Have a fun weekend,Hugs Debbie x

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Deb, that image (ant) is just the cutest thing EVER!! I love it and your coloring is always awesome to see!! :) Beautifully done!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend my friend!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Deb.

Hugs Riet.x

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute!

CraftyC said...

Love this card Deb. A cute critter and gorgeous colour combo. Hope the weather stays fine and enjoy the hols!
Clairex

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh, Deb...this is too cute!! I love all of the great hardware pieces you've added, too!!